Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Distance

Our final project was certainly a challenge. My partner and I had to create our own song using Garage Band. The song had no loops in it.  We recorded everything either as Midi or Audio. We wanted to be original and create our own beat, our own guitar progression, and our own lyrics. The part that took the most time was the recording. This was difficult for us because my partner and I had trouble trying to stay with the beat. It was also hard to play for a long amount time because we didn't have enough stamina to keep the guitar going.   Instead, we would play for several measures of the song and then we would pick the best measure and loop it. Recording the lyrics was difficult because my partner and I would sometimes mess up the words or the vocals would just not come out very cleanly. A lot of the times we had to delete the track and start over because the mic would pick up sounds coming the background. It was very annoying for us to record while other people were in the booth with us. Overall the project was challenging but it was also fun and a good experience.

3 comments: